Care and maintenance of sanding machine
First inspection: 4 hours after the new machine has been started or replaced with a new one Second inspection: 1 day after the previous inspection. Third inspection: 3 days after the previous inspection. Fourth inspection: 5 days after the previous inspection. Fifth examination: 7 days after the previous examination. Subsequent inspections: every one week.
Caution: If one of the belts on the same pulley breaks and needs to be replaced, always replace the other belts hanging on the same pulley at the same time. Even a second-hand sander is a pricey item, whether for an individual or a company, it is not a small item. Therefore the usual maintenance and upkeep must be kept up to date.
General knowledge on the safe operation of sanding machines
1. The operator must be familiar with the performance of the machine, its use and operational precautions before operation. Novice operators are strictly forbidden to operate the machine alone and no non-related personnel are allowed near the machine.
2. Operators must not wear clothing that can easily be caught in the machine (e.g. tie necklaces, loose clothing, etc.). Long hair should be curled or covered and gloves should not be worn on the machine.
3. Do not remove the safety devices on the sander and do not place any objects other than work items, such as spanners, on the work table to avoid damage to the machine due to foreign objects getting stuck.
4.Before switching on the power supply, make sure that all switches are in the OFF position. Before normal operation, check the cleanliness and sharpness of the sanding belt; check whether the installation direction of the sanding belt is correct (the arrow on the back of the sanding belt points in the same direction as the rubber wheel); check whether the specifications of the sanding belt are applicable, whether the sanding belt oscillates moderately, whether the sanding belt is moderately loose and tight; whether the running track of the conveyor belt is moderate; whether the conveyor belt is moderately loose and tight, and whether the planer blade is correctly and firmly installed.
5. All covers must not be removed before processing. It must first be determined whether the size of the wood is within the processing range of the machine. Adjust the correct processing thickness. Too thick wood will cause the conveyor belt to jam and break. The machine should only be used for sanding wood of uniform thickness and not for horizontal correction of wood bends. It cannot be used for horizontal straightening of bent wood. Triangular, diamond and circular shaped woods cannot be processed. Always take care that there are no metal and other attachments on the plywood to avoid damage to the machine.
6. In normal running operation, please always pay attention to the amount of electrical load on the amperage meter to prevent the machine from jumping due to overload or the sandpaper being overloaded, resulting in the sanding belt chipping or breaking. Correction methods: 1. slow down the speed of the sanding belt; 2. replace the sandpaper with coarser grit; 3. raise the position of the rubber wheel or sanding platen to reduce the amount of sanding.
7. When the operator is working, once the workpiece is placed on the conveyor belt, both hands should be left immediately. The workpiece should be evenly placed on the conveyor belt so that the belt and rubber wheel are evenly stressed to avoid unilateral wear and tear which may shorten the applicable life of the belt and rubber wheel.
8. When adjusting the sanding machine table top and bottom, use the computerised digital lift controller for operation. Adjustment of the table surface is strictly prohibited beyond the adjustment range of the controller. Do not adjust the table height manually, as this may result in a tilted table or incorrect lift controller data. The conveyor belt speed is adjusted using infinitely variable speed and the speed should be adjusted during machine operation.
9. Make sure that the inside of the machine is cleaned out when you have finished working. When cleaning the inside, make sure to remove the sandpaper. When you have finished cleaning, put the sandpaper back on. It is recommended that the sanding belt be relaxed after work, to avoid the belt being in a tight state for a long time, resulting in gradual relaxation.